Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor
A DGSA has specific duties under the European Agreement Concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR)
The core responsibilities of a Safety Adviser are as follows:
• Advising undertakings on the safe transport of dangerous goods by road.
• Monitoring the undertakings compliance with dangerous goods regulations.
• Preparing an annual report about the activities of the undertaking related to the transport dangerous goods.
• Investigating any accidents or infringements of regulations and preparing reports.
• Monitoring the provision of training and advice to any staff involved in the transport of dangerous goods.
James Murray, DGSA, Hazchem